Hardwood Care and Maintenance Tips from AFS in Fairfield, CT
Get your home’s flooring done right by contacting American Floor Service today. Fill out our form to request a callback.
10 Things to do Once Your Hardwood Floors Have Been Sanded and Refinished.
- Try not to clean your hardwood floors for 30 days.
- No area carpets or runners with padding for 30 days.
- Apply felt pads to the bottom of all your chairs.
- It’s OK to put furniture back after 48 hours.
- If your hardwood floors have been refinished with oil base, clean floors with poly care.
- If your hardwood floors have been refinished with water base, clean floors with Bona hardwood floor cleaner.
- Make sure you have your pets’ nails groomed.
- Keep temperature between 65 to 70 degrees for 7 days.
- Broom sweep or vacuum floors with soft felt pad.
- Always call American Floor Service for all your hardwood floor needs.
Tips to Make Your Hardwood Floor Shine
- Don’t use wet mops and damp mops or clean your hardwood with water or other liquids
- Stay away from harsh cleaning aids like steel wool pads, any scouring pads containing metal or scouring powders
- Use soft bristle brushes to clean your hardwood floors
- Use floor mats at the entrance and exit as they collect and trap corrosive substances like dirt, sand, oil, grit, asphalt, or even driveway sealer
- Avoid walking on your hardwood floors with spiked or high-heeled shoes
- Don’t use oil soaps, liquid, paste wax, or other household products containing lemon, citrus, tung oil and silicon to clean your hardwood floors
- Don’t use 2-in-1 cleaners that contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore the gloss
- Keep your heavy furniture on floor mats and protective pads to prevent scratches on your hardwood floor
We’re hardwood historians serving Norwalk, Southport, Fairfield, Darien, New Canaan, Wilton, and Westport.
Learn More About Hardwood Flooring Maintenance
Call us for a FREE estimate.