Hardwood Care and Maintenance Tips from AFS in Fairfield, CT
Get your home’s flooring done right by contacting American Floor Service today. Fill out our form to request a callback.
10 Things to do Once Your Hardwood Floors Have Been Sanded and Refinished.
- Try not to clean your hardwood floors for 30 days.
- No area carpets or runners with padding for 30 days.
- Apply felt pads to the bottom of all your chairs.
- It’s OK to put furniture back after 48 hours.
- If your hardwood floors have been refinished with oil base, clean floors with poly care.
- If your hardwood floors have been refinished with water base, clean floors with Bona hardwood floor cleaner.
- Make sure you have your pets’ nails groomed.
- Keep temperature between 65 to 70 degrees for 7 days.
- Broom sweep or vacuum floors with soft felt pad.
- Always call American Floor Service for all your hardwood floor needs.
Tips to Make Your Hardwood Floor Shine
- Don’t use wet mops and damp mops or clean your hardwood with water or other liquids
- Stay away from harsh cleaning aids like steel wool pads, any scouring pads containing metal or scouring powders
- Use soft bristle brushes to clean your hardwood floors
- Use floor mats at the entrance and exit as they collect and trap corrosive substances like dirt, sand, oil, grit, asphalt, or even driveway sealer
- Avoid walking on your hardwood floors with spiked or high-heeled shoes
- Don’t use oil soaps, liquid, paste wax, or other household products containing lemon, citrus, tung oil and silicon to clean your hardwood floors
- Don’t use 2-in-1 cleaners that contain acrylics or urethane polish to restore the gloss
- Keep your heavy furniture on floor mats and protective pads to prevent scratches on your hardwood floor